The Vintage Llysmeurig Villa
Llysmeurig Villa, St Clears, Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border, west Wales. SA334AN Explore the delights of west Wales from our handsome 1930's villa and learn about traditional dark room photography.
(Very roughly pronounced Lease- my –rig with the emphasis on the "my")
The Vintage Villa – a conveniently situated true sense of place.
This handsome 1930s gentleman's residence is set in a large garden on the outskirts of St Clears town and close to the A40 and 4 miles from Dylan Thomas' Laugharne. Built by our grandparents as their family home it has most of the 1930s features still in-tact. Renovated in 2014, it is now back to its former glory with the additional attraction of a traditional photographic darkroom in one of the outbuildings. Tuition is available. The large garden is for the most part productive and in season you may pick soft fruit for your breakfast and onions for your supper. There are 1930s and 1940s black and white photographs displayed throughout the house and there is even a WW2 gas mask in the hall! Only one hour ten minutes from Cardiff and twenty minutes from Tenby, the villa is very conveniently situated.
How many does it sleep?
Llysmeurig Villa sleeps six in one double, one twin and two single rooms. One of the single rooms has a double bed. There is upstairs bathroom with the original roll top bath and an upstairs shower room. Downstairs there is a cloakroom, kitchen, utility room, dining room and lounge. There is an open fire in the lounge and a Rayburn and electric cooker in the kitchen. In addition the property has oil central heating. Cefnmeurig Cottage is three miles away and the two properties would be suitable for family reunions of up to 13 people.
Take a look around
How much does it cost?
When you study our tariffs please remember that they include all of the following:
- A gourmet hamper with local produce
- Approximately 25 store cupboard items e.g. cooking oils, tea, coffee, cereals, rice, pasta etc.
- Cotton bathrobes (for adults)
- High quality toiletries
- Beach towels
Llysmeurig is perfect for those who:
- Want a base close to all the beaches and attractions in west Wales
- Want to stay in a vintage property
- Want to walk to the pub and town
- want off street parking
- want to bring their dog (from 2015)
Llysmeurig may not be for you if:
- You don't like to hear traffic noise in the garden. Llysmeurig is situated in a quiet cul de sac and although you cant see the A40 from either the house or the garden , when in the back garden , you can hear brackground traffic noise from the single carriageway A40.
- Don't want any neighbours.