The Luxury Cefnmeurig Cottage
Cefnmeurig Cottage, Near St Clears, Carmarthenshire / Pembrokeshire border, West Wales. SA33 4LA. Our secluded 18th century stone cottage has been in our family for generations. Experience the charms of country living in our comfortable, stylish, award winning cottage. All bedrooms are ensuite. See theof the cottage.
The Luxury Cottage – Country charm at its best.
Our beautiful 5 star graded 18th century luxury stone cottage is set in 100 acres of rolling hills, woodlands and streams.Your hidden hideaway is on the Carmarthenshire / Pembrokeshire border, only 20 minutes from the sea and the perfect base for exploring the South and North Pembrokeshire beaches, the magnificent beaches and gardens of Carmarthenshire and the western side of the Brecon Beacons National Park in west Wales. It is surrounded by wildlife (guests love feeding the wild rabbits) and birdlife and has no immediate neighbours. Cefnmeurig is about 30 minutes drive from Tenby. The words most used by guests to describe the property are: very comfortable with unexpected personal touches, authentic (it has been in our family since the 1740s), well equipped and a very special place.
How many does it sleep?
Cefnmeurig Cottage sleeps up to seven people in four ensuite bedrooms furnished with top quality beds and bedding. There is one small single bedroom downstairs with a shower room. We can provide you with a cot and high chair.
Take a look around
Or have a sneak preview of Cefnmeurig cottage with our(flash player needed)
How much does it cost?
When you study ourplease remember that they include all of the following:
- A gourmet hamper with local produce
- Approximately 25 store cupboard items e.g. cooking oils, tea, coffee, cereals, rice, pasta etc.
- Five fluffy towels each
- Cotton bathrobes (for adults)
- High quality toiletries
- Beach towels
- and soft designer water (we have our own water supply)!
Cefnmeurig is perfect for those who:
- want to have a very comfortable base with ensuite facilities;
- don't want any near neighbours;
- want to lie in bed listening to the dawn chorus;
- love the countryside and value peace and quiet (dawn chorus excepted);
- want the chance to marvel at dark skies;
- don’t want to fill the car with food, towels and toiletries on arrival.
- want satellite broadband.
Cefnmeurig may not be for you if:
- don’t like driving down single track roads;
- are spooked by the sight of Barn owls at dusk and the sound of tawny owls at night;
- prefer pavements to pastures;
- don’t want to drive to the pub;
- you want to bring your dog. We love dogs and we know most dogs are well behaved but the cottage is surrounded with farm stock all year round, which make dogs a high risk for the farmer. Sorry.
- you need a large bedroom downstairs, the single room is cosy but small and is bit of a squash for guests six foot and over. In contrast the adjacent shower room is a good size.